Mittwoch, 14. November 2018

Ranger ready for deployment

While our four player group has started out in the Thaw of the Lich Lord campaign and En'Ki Nar'Duk is facing the Forgotten Pacts, Rangers of the Shadow Deep came out. The author of Frostgrave has created another fantasy skirmish game - aimed at solo and co-op play.

So, after reading through the rules, I decided to build a ranger and his companions - literally.

The Blades of Justice
I started with kit-bashing the Frostgrave soldier and barbarians box, adding Perry Mercenaries and Knights parts.
My ranger is named Alessio da Landara, maybe not the classical "ranger", wielding a two-handed sword and some throwing knifes.
Alessio da Landara
He's actually made from a FG barbarian body, Perry knights head and arms and a FG soldiers rope and pouch.

Next is the Conjuror, Roderick. He's a model from Reaper, the only one in the warband that was not built from scratch.

Roderick
Adding tanking power is Horatio, Knight of the Eagle. He's made up from a Perry knights body and a FG soldiers head and shield.

Horatio
And to deal some damage, there's the swordsman, Leif. He's made up from a Perry mercenary body and swordarm and a FG soldiers head and dagger-arm.
Leif
Finally, to rain death on the monsters, there's our archer, Gorsen. He's built from a Perry mercenary body and sword, and a FG soldiers head and arms.
Gorsen
I'm waiting for some houses to arrive, than I'm ready give the first mission a try. RoSD looks more like an RPG that's played with miniatures than a skirmish-wargame. It reminds me of the times I was getting started with RPGs, playing solo just to get a hang of the rules, pushing miniatures around in fights.

I've enjoyed playing through the Dark Alchemy solo-campaign for FG with my Distortionist, so I'm looking forward to getting my ranger into action.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen